Skip to main content

Happy New Year! 2014

Well we made it!

December was not so kind to me and my family, it was a month of illness (virus, stomach virus, colds).  I am looking forward to the new year because it means moving into our permanent home and settling in.  Then I can really focus on my jewelry business which I love so much.

Speaking about jewelry, I have decided that I love that I've dedicated myself to making strictly hand stamped metal jewelry.  It's easier on me (in my state of living in a temporary home) and I can focus on it without having too many supplies to sift through.

I'm building up my alphabet metal stamp set collection so that always adds more choices and variety for my customers.  I've even fixed my Etsy home page logo.  That's been bothering me a lot! LOL - here's how it looks:


Fanciful Wish Jewelry

I've also bought a new metal shape to work with:


This one is a metal rounded rectangle shape that I do love working with.  Will be using this shape more.


This one is nothing new, just bigger in size.  But ovals are pretty and this one can really hold more characters so that's always nice!

Anyway hope everyone had a wonderful 2013 and here's to 2014!  Cheers!
Xoxo,
Yolanda

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End of August

Wow - what a month.  I knew it would be busy because my in-laws were visiting us for 2 weeks and after they left it was my son's 5th birthday.  And in all of that, my 7 month old baby girl started crawling, eating baby food and now wants to stand!  So basically I've been busy and one tired mommy! But having people visit from out of state means I got to relax...A LITTLE! Here's a picture from Ko'olina Lagoons  A day at Dole Plantation The beautiful blue sky in Hawaii I'm lucky to live here, though I do admit sometimes I wish we'd have an actually Fall season.  I don't need winter 😂 I just want a reprieve from the sun and heat sometimes, and I love autumn and cooler weather.  Anyway the visit was fun and hectic and I think we are recovering from being on the go. But the end of August also reminds me that soon the holiday rush will be here and my baby girl's 1st birthday, so the chaos it seems, never ends. I added some new items i...

Hand Stamped Metal Jewelry

One of FancifulWish 's best sellers (when I have the time to make them) are my hand stamped metal jewelry.  I like the act of pounding a metal stamp into a piece of metal.  Maybe it's stress relief?  I bought my first kit from Beaducation .  And yes I started off with a kit because I didn't know what went into metal stamped jewelry.  I would have taken a class from my local jewelry store but I was at home with a newborn with no babysitter, so learning on my own was the way to go. Now I will warn you - making hand stamped jewelry is NOT cheap.  You can get away with using a hammer you have at home to pound your letters into your metal but the letters themselves are pricey.  I've only managed to collect 5 different types of letters, 3 of them the same font in different size with numbers included. The other a different font in lower and upper case sizes.  And then there are punctation stamps and design stamps....not cheap.  Alphabet s...

What's New: Paparazzi Accessories

It's been awhile! Being a stay at home mom of two has really been something else.  I thought I was busy with one, but with two, it's been on another level of madness. All of this busy-ness means I haven't had time really to work on my Etsy shop.  It's still open but I've kept hammering metal to a minimum. So for now I took the jump into a new venture.  I just signed up to be Paparazzi Accessories independent consultant.  Yup...who knew, after making my own jewelry for $5 years that now I'm selling jewelry designed and manufactured someplace else. What is Paparazzi Accessories exactly?  It's jewelry at the sweet price of $5 and that's hard to come by.  The products are designed in the USA but manufactured in China.  I own a bunch of their earrings - I'm a sucker for hoops, large and small.  And I love their stuff! I call my shop Leylah's Jewels - which is a play/combo on my children's names.  We'll see how things go, so far it...