Skip to main content

Love You Like A Sister

Get it at Fanciful Wish

I wish I had more time to play with my new aluminum tags and fonts!  I did manage to make this new cute keychain/zipper pull for my shop.

Do you remember in middle school (yes I went to middle school in the early 90's haha) when you signed someone's yearbook or signed a written passed note in class with the acronym LYLAS?  "Love you like a sister" - it was the thing to do at our school.  Funny to think I can truly say this to a few of my girlfriends now after 20+ years of friendship.  Hey friendships based on snail mail and hand written notes should definitely stand the test of time right?  I think this is the perfect gift for a true sister-friend. 

Here's how it looks with an added initials tag, E is for my bestie!

Hanging from a zipper

Anyways I definitely loved making this one!  

And here's an update photo in reference to my last post about summer reading...😎


Went to the public library with my kiddos and I came away with all these goodies!  I was the first one to borrow these books, except for one of them.  It's like buying a new book, only I never did 😍 I LOVE the LIBRARY!

As of today 8/5/17 I'm done with Roar and When it's Real.  Now I'm reading Now I Rise (while I work out on the elliptical) it makes my workout time go by SUPER fast! 

That's it for now 🙌
XO, Yolanda



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hand Stamped Metal Jewelry

One of FancifulWish 's best sellers (when I have the time to make them) are my hand stamped metal jewelry.  I like the act of pounding a metal stamp into a piece of metal.  Maybe it's stress relief?  I bought my first kit from Beaducation .  And yes I started off with a kit because I didn't know what went into metal stamped jewelry.  I would have taken a class from my local jewelry store but I was at home with a newborn with no babysitter, so learning on my own was the way to go. Now I will warn you - making hand stamped jewelry is NOT cheap.  You can get away with using a hammer you have at home to pound your letters into your metal but the letters themselves are pricey.  I've only managed to collect 5 different types of letters, 3 of them the same font in different size with numbers included. The other a different font in lower and upper case sizes.  And then there are punctation stamps and design stamps....not cheap.  Alphabet set stamps can run you from $

Beaded Wire Hoop Earrings

I saw a bunch of these online a few months ago and decided to try and make some because I have many left over beads from various bracelet projects.  I also LOVE hoop earrings.  Plain hoops, silver or gold plated were my favorite accessory to wear and still would be if I didn't have a son who loves to pull jewelry off me.  Ow. But I remember rocking hoops since I was in high school!  A teacher of mine asked me if it hurt to wear them because I had these real big ones (she said a bird could make a nest in there...HA HA Ms. Kepner).  Over the years I've had an obsession with hoops.  Thin, thick, rhinestone, plain, large, small.  My favorites are big thin hoops. I scoured the internet once more and found a bunch of sites with instructions on how to make wire hoops.  I bought some wire and proceeded to make them. I didn't have hoops on hand so I made that part also.  It's amazing what a tylenol pill bottle can be used for!  Anyway, I tried different sizes and lo

Echoes of the Universe / Namaste / Tree of Life

Ever have a feeling like the universe is listening to you and things happen that reflect that?  And you stop for a moment and say hmmm...I was just thinking that or you had just been talking about it or reading about it... First it was the dream catcher.  I saw the bracelets online and wanted to make one but didn't have time then a few weeks ago I saw that my nephew had a dream catcher hanging in his room, which used to be MY room growing up and I had my own dream catcher.  SO I finally made the dream catcher charms.... Then I was talking to my husband this weekend about making tree of life pendants because I saw them on Pinterest.  BUT I used to make wire trees, years ago, they looked like this...I remember teaching my co-workers to make them for a fundraising basket we were putting together.  I loved these trees. But my husband is Jewish and said it was perfect I'd make tree of life pendants because there is a Jewish holiday Tu b'shevat (it was in January).